CRABYON fiber is developed with a blend of Chitosan and viscose. Chitosan is a product derived from Chitin, a compound of natural origin, obtained from crab and fish’s shell. Chitin is an absolutely “safe” material, with a scientifically proved biocompatibility. It is used in the medical, health and pharmacological fields too.
The chemical structure of Chitosan is similar to that of cellulose, therefore blends of CRABYON fibre with cotton and viscose is extremely versatile and easy to dye. In order to obtain appropriate functional properties, the percentage of CRABYON may vary from 5 to 20% in the fabric, depending on the customer’s requirement, i.e. higher the percentages better the antimicrobial property.
- Effective antibacterial function for a long time
- Excellent for weak or sensitive skin
- Water absorption property
- Dye ability
- Eco-friendly and biodegradable
- Baby cloths
- Sports Socks, Dress Socks
- Socks for diabetics
- Antimicrobial medical dressings etc.
- Mattresses for hospital use and for babies